Thread: Proposal: Ott - L.A
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

So there isn't a single prospect in the world you would trade Toffoli for?
Sure, they are just all much better than Stone. It is no offence to Stone, but to say that 'my guy will score more points and is better because of some stuff I saw him do in non-pro hockey' means relatively nothing. Your guy may be better, but that is not how the Kings draft. They are looking for fit, character, and good teammates first and foremost.

Toffoli was drafted for a specific reason and jettisoning him for someone who is not a sure thing and may not share his same character and role is nonsense for LA. Lombardi wouldn't send off Toffoli, before we have even gotten a good sample from him at the pro level, so soon after his draft year, and after he has excelled above and beyond expectations without there being a significant reason to do so that helps the team immediately.

Stone is not a player that fits that description. He's a good player, and will likely go on to do great things, but right now he isn't enough to sell out our farm locker room and start making deals on a whim based on world junior selections, non-pro stats, and a handful sample size in the AHL.

I get that you guys meticulously scanned him every day while he was on the 67's, but so did our scouts and there is more to it than goals and points, especially within the Kings organization. The Kings are very happy with Toffoli, we get lots of media on him, and there is no reason for a swap.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote