View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Unfortunately, I have watched plenty of disappointments play on this team ever since I was a kid playing street hockey with an Ivan Hlinka curve on my stick. Sure that includes Cloutier, especially in the playoffs. But it certainly doesn't exclude Naslund, who was just as much of a post season flop to me. Again, this is increased moreso by the fact that he was the captain that lead so many disappointing results in the post season.

The original arguement was why Naslund is a failure in comparison to Linden and Sedin. To me, it is a pretty lame excuse to blame Cloutier, who was only a starter in 3 of Naslund's years here. Was it Luongo's fault for Naslund's annual drastic drop in production in 2007 when Pyatt statistically better post season?
I'm the furthest thing from a Naslund apologist, but Cloutier was every bit as bad as advertised-- Sure he had moments where he seemed like he was turning the corner and if you're defending against beach-ball standards, sure he wasn't as bad as people hyperbolically JOKED about, but it's very hard to argue that he wasn't terrible, even just in the regular season, in my opinion. In the playoffs, he might be the worst I've seen personally.

On average, I'd take nearly every starter in the league right now over him, and probably a number of backups.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote