View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM
spot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
His offense has been non exsistent his entire career aside from a WJC tournament. He's already potted 15g in his rookie year, I don't think it's out of the question that he could be a 15-20g third line winger who brings size speed and above average defensive play.

People who are expecting top-6 offense out of MPS are going to be disappointed.

I don't think he'll be a top-6 player either, he will be able to play spot minutes in the case of an injury and not hurt you too badly but he's not going to bring the offense to warrant top-6 mins regularly.

MPS is big, fast and good defensively. He's already scored 15g in the NHL and can probably get 20 once he gets more experience. A second round pick is almost pointless, we already have two seconds coming up in the next draft and we have a ton of young prospects.

The Oilers arent in the position to be trading roster players for picks anymore, that is wasteful. MPS has already shown he can play in the NHL and you're going to trade that for a second that has a very small % chance to ever make the NHL? Pretty risky...

Also keep in mind swedish players historically take longer to come around, MPS is still young and has room to improve while already scoring 15g in an NHL season and LEADING THE TEAM in zone start / finish proving his defensive ability.

MP isn't exactly a roster player. He has 19 goals in 120 games.MP has been in and out of the line-up since day 1. If it were not for injuries and the fact that he plays on the worse team in the NHL we may not have seen him in the NHL. He also is very one dimensional. I really don't get how people call him a good two-player? The play dies on his stick. Sam Gagner gets crapped on all the time and MP gets all these excuses? Really don't get it!

I do agree that he could potentially stay in the AHL for the next two seasons and develop. IF we are lucky we could end up with another Todd Marchant (As another poster pointed out)