View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
SephF
See you next time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Oh there were many posters who believed that.
His size is irrelevant since he doesn't have the first clue about how to use it to his advantage. To be fair I have noticed him hitting a bit tonight.
He's fast. I give him that.
His defensive wizardry is so exaggerated on this site that it approaches Horcoffian levels of urban legend.
MPS will never score twenty goals in the NHL. People underestimate how difficult it is to get twenty goals in the NHL these days.
Unless we want to package up some draft picks to move up in the draft or add onto a trade for a roster player.
Draft picks are never pointless because there are always GMs at various stages of rebuilding their teams.
On the worst team in the NHL by a country mile.
He's coming around with the physical play, he's at least trying. As for his defensive play being exaggerated regardless of how bad the Oilers are you have to admit it's still pretty impressive for a kid in that young to lead his team in that aspect. When I watch him play I see a guy who's committed to defense and gets the puck moving in the right direction when he's on the ice.

All I'm saying is it's way too early to write the guy off and we already have a pile of draft picks (and have used a ton of draft picks in the past couple years). We're getting pretty full of prospects and IMO MPS would have more value in a trade than a 2nd round pick, especially if it's a late one depending on the team.