View Single Post
Old
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
spot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He's coming around with the physical play, he's at least trying. As for his defensive play being exaggerated regardless of how bad the Oilers are you have to admit it's still pretty impressive for a kid in that young to lead his team in that aspect. When I watch him play I see a guy who's committed to defense and gets the puck moving in the right direction when he's on the ice.

All I'm saying is it's way too early to write the guy off and we already have a pile of draft picks (and have used a ton of draft picks in the past couple years). We're getting pretty full of prospects and IMO MPS would have more value in a trade than a 2nd round pick, especially if it's a late one depending on the team.
I appreciate the hockey talk. I don't get to come on here near enough

I'm glad that you can see him as a possible asset moving forward. Personally I would rather trim the fat with our redundant players and try to compliment our smallish, yet highly skilled guys with some sandpaper. I would rather Ryan Jones game to MP.
Sometimes us Oiler fans need to realize the value of our players. MP at this moment could be worth a 2nd round pick. Heck Linus Omark didn't even fetch us a 7th round pick!