View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Who doesnt have prospects?
saying that after a win doesn't make the fact the Flames cupboards are only half full any less true. Look at tonight's game for instance goals by Walter and Kolanos who are 2 career AHLers, another by Street who isn't exactly a prospect anymore and is on his way to being a very good career AHLer and Sylvester who if signed by the Flames might be a prospect, but he is only signed to an AHL level contract.

Yes Baertschi and Horak have been good for the team and Brodie has been good offensively, but the Heat are carried just as much by the veterans on 1 way contracts. Steve McCarthy has arguably been the best player this year for Abbotsford, Walter has been just as good as Sven and Roman, Taylor & Brust have been very good so far as well and have limited Irving to just a couple games. Tonight the Heat dressed 8 players on AHL contracts and then 4 others that already are or will be career minor league players that have NHL deals in case emergency call-ups are needed.

My point is the Heat are not a team of NHL prospects. They are a very much a veteran AHL team that has a handful of prospects mixed in. In comparison the Barons are a team of prospects that have a handful of veterans mixed in.

I love my Heat and how they are playing this year, but their play is carried more often than not by players who are or will be career AHLers

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote