View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i gotta ask...who are the 10 teams to contract?

why dont we do this. lets let the canadians have their National League and the Stanley Cup.
They keep the Leafs and Habs and any Canadian market they want to try in.

The USHL gets the Rangers, Wings, Bruins, Blackhawks, Flyers, Penguins and all the markets they want.

I bet there would be some really surprised people seeing how that actually worked out
Interesting idea.

Heck, I've heard of people feeling like the heavy Canadian saturation in North American hockey is offputting, even alienating. Divorce from the Canadian teams, stop letting them leach our money, and build a new league centered around the strongest American franchises, build the American talent pool to support it, and you might find Americans forgetting that hockey is "supposed to be Canadian" and enjoying it as the best television sport in the world. See how long the Leafs and Canadiens can keep the Canadian side NHL together with only other Canadian teams to compete with.

I'd miss the Bruins-Canadiens rivalry of course. But perhaps an exhibition series could be run like during the old NHL-PCHL days to keep the Stanley Cup doing its real job.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote