View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I didnt make the trip but thanks for being a gracious host, it's nice having an AHL in driving distance.
I actually moved to Alberta this summer so I am not a host but as a former season ticket holder I love seeing the place sold out. I really would love to see the AHL get more Western teams, because it would only help the sustainability of the Abbotsford team. I would like to see the Alaska Aces and Utah Grizzlies move from the ECHL to the AHL to help create an actual northwest division in which the Canucks, Flames and Oilers could all have their affiliates out west and rivals with one another.

I would also like to comment on the effort levels of RNH, Eberle and Hall. I do not think it is something to worry about. They are all very clearly NHL players who are not going to develop further by playing lesser competition in the AHL, they are there for no other reason than to stay in shape and keep playing because that is where they will develop. Where as a 1st year pro like Schultz has alot to prove so he is going to play alot harder. I compare it to the Euro leagues right now, as it is the same reason you see someone like Mikael Backlund outscoring Anze Kopitar.