View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
If he puts up 50+ points this year, what will he have left to prove? I'd much rather challenge Gaudreau by having him play against pro players in the AHL then letting his development stagnate in the NCAA. There are plenty of guys <170 who are effective NHL players.

By the way, I wasn't suggesting he jump to the NHL right away. He would have to dominate AHL competition first. NHL ready in 2014/2015 at the earliest.
Honestly I would like a list of players who are effective NHLers at <170 pounds, because besides Erik Karlson (I think) I could not think of any. He should at least get at 3 years at college. There may not be "much left to prove" but physically there is a massive difference between playing against boys and playing against men. Nathan Gerbe had 68 points in his 3rd year of college and it has translated to a career high of 31 points so far in the NHL. This doesnt even mention the fact that Gerbe is a tank and much further along physically the Gaudreau (he is 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds heavier). Players as short as Gaudreau are few and far between in the NHL. The college schedule gives him more time to hit the weight room and mature into what is hopefully a dynamite hockey player for Calgary.

superhakan is online now   Reply With Quote