Thread: Prospect Info: 2012/2013 Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Honestly I would like a list of players who are effective NHLers at <170 pounds, because besides Erik Karlson (I think) I could not think of any. He should at least get at 3 years at college. There may not be "much left to prove" but physically there is a massive difference between playing against boys and playing against men. Nathan Gerbe had 68 points in his 3rd year of college and it has translated to a career high of 31 points so far in the NHL. This doesnt even mention the fact that Gerbe is a tank and much further along physically the Gaudreau (he is 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds heavier). Players as short as Gaudreau are few and far between in the NHL. The college schedule gives him more time to hit the weight room and mature into what is hopefully a dynamite hockey player for Calgary.
Karlsson is 180 actually . I could have sworn Briere, Eberle, and Atkinson were <170 but I guess not.

Gaudreau's game is pretty different from Gerbe. He's shifty and elusive, difficult to hit. Even if Gaudreau does hit 170 (which may or may not be possible depending on his body type), he's not going to win a lot of board battles.

But if he can come over to the AHL and prove he can put up big points in that league, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to put up decent numbers in the NHL.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote