View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 04:25 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Was at the Winterhawks/Giants game tonight. Couple things I noticed about Pouliot was his puck carrying ability. He starts in his own end and can lug the puck up the ice effortlessly. Once he hits the other blue line he makes a move or two then dishes it off to a winger busting in. His passes for most of the night where tape to tape and his lateral movement was very good.

He plays first pairing, first PP and from what I saw usually first PK. For most of the PP's he is the guy that brings it from the d-zone into the o-zone. Im pretty sure he ended the night in the "minus" but that was due to terrible goaltending from both sides (more so the hawks).

The guy just doesnt get rattled. Its almost as if he knows most of the forecheckers cant check him. He also wasnt afraid to mix it up after a number of whistles and is more agressive/chippy than his pre-draft profile stated. He tried to pick a fight after a couple quick goals by the giants but the other player wasnt willing.

All in all I was definitely pleased. If he can put on a bit more muscle and strength, he will have no problems taking the next step and being in the NHL in the near future.

Another player (although i dont know if it will translate to the NHL) that was great tonight was Ty Rattie. Fast, great at creating chances and extremely shifty. Doesnt appear to be overly big and got outmuscled by bigger d-men occasionally, but an entertaining player to watch.
I never understood that. He needs to get stronger but his compete level is high.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote