Thread: Great Britain: Olympic pre-qualifiers (Japan)
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
So win in normal time and we're through.

Hopefully be on somewhere.
If we win in OT and Korea win in regulation it all goes **** up

If three or more teams have the same number of points in the group after completion of the round-robin, then their ranking is determined by the higher number of points in a special standing composed just from the results of their head-to-head (mutual) games. If the number of points is equal between the teams in this special standing just from the results of their head-to-head (mutual) games, then the following tie breaking criteria applies (with no secondary return to the head-to-head results):

1. Goal differential in the standing between the teams involved.
2. Higher number of goals scored between the teams involved.
3. Goal differential from all games played in the group.
4. Higher number of goals scored from all games played in the group.
5. Shootout between the teams which are still equal.

So basically get rid of the games against Romania, and all teams would still be equal. It would then go down to goal differential excluding the Romania games. In which case I think it would still be equal. Then it comes down to number of goals scored excluding against Romania, in which case I think Korea would take the group unless GB score 4 or more against Japan in their OT win. If GB score 3 against Japan, we need Korea to beat Romania by no more than 2 goals because if Korea beat Romania by 3, it comes down to total goals scored meaning Korea win the group (I think) and they would win the group if they beat Romania by 4

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 11-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote