View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Ebbett is useless (and always has been) but I feel he is at least trying. Haydar clearly doesn't give a damn.

Friesen is struggling but at least getting a few chances. Seems very poor on faceoffs.

Another player getting little done is Longpre. Started the year well but play has very much tailed off. Showing little of the speed he evidenced earlier. Also some big problems in his own end.

Connauton is having a tough game. Hopefully not going back to the inconsistent effort he has shown throughout career. Needs to bring it all the the time if he is to progress. Some of the former defensive lapses are again appearing.

Like the effort out of Pinizotto, Gordon and Sterling. Schroeder line continues to preform well

What do you think about Rodin? There doesn't seem to be any conversion in his game. At least, not yet. He plays well, from time to time, but doesn't get on the board... I'm not sure why?

He's got the speed, the hands, the shot, the vision, the shifty moves and even the board work, but he's going nowhere... and I just don't understand it. Could the ice surface adjustment really be that daunting? Granted, he could use more time in the gym. It looks like he didn't even gain weight to me. The shoulder problems don't help either. Even so, I was expecting more from him.

Right now I'm just wondering what kind of niche he can carve in the NHL. Bottom 6 guys play with much more jam. Top 6 guys convert. He's got a long way to go and I'm not sure if he will ever get there.