View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
What deals are there to be made and what assets do we have that people would want?

It goes without saying that Rychel, Vail, HoSang and Seiloff are untouchables... everyone else is fair game. But really who would want anyone outside of those 4?
When you're dealing with 17/18 yr olds I think teams are still willing to see if there is change-of-scenery cases with the youngsters.

Maletta, Bateman, Johnson, Clarke, Ebert, Marchese will hold certain value.

I don't know what Johnson's problem is this year, he was a slow starter last year as well, but did he buy into his own press clippings after being drafted or something? I still don't see him being traded though.

I think Maletta, Bateman, Clarke and possibly Ebert will be the ones dangled aggressively. I also think Emerson Clark has to go if we can bring in an OA with more offensive upside. We need to add a scoring second line center and we need a PPQB back on defence. Clarke will be a good third line center/checker/face-off guy on a contender. Bateman and Maletta could go to a rebuild team - both first round picks last year a team could look to add them to their young core and willing to give up an 18 yr old if they see themselves a couple years away.