View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 11:32 AM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
IMO vastly different change when it comes to a sports team is, by definition, bad. Colors are important. They're the identity of the team, the essence. They're even more important than logos or uniforms. You simply don't change them unless something is seriously wrong with the existing ones. You certainly don't do it on a whim or based on a focus group. And you absolutely don't do it when they're unique and distinctive in your respective sport.

I can tell you that I will never, for the rest of my life, buy a single piece of Stars merchandise if the colors are changed.
Bang on. And I'm with you on that bold part.

I've been a fan of the team since about 1984 or so myself. Way back when I was a little guy. Living up by Edmonton and growing up during the oilers dynasty years, people would always ask me (and still do at times), "How did you become a Stars fan?" I remember specifically laying on the living room floor after hockey on Saturday mornings, my brother and I opening packages of the old O-Pee-Chee stickers and placing them in our albums. There was something about that N symbol with the star on it, as well as the team name, and of course the colors. Became my team right then and there.

Obviously the "North" has been dropped and that symbol only exists on vintage items, but if they completely drop the colors I'd be disgusted.

But going back to what I have heard from a source, they were leaning on sticking with green - with black/gold, and then possibly some silver highlights which I may be able to handle depending on how much silver and where.

EDIT: I just scrolled through and read that post about the new designs being seen. Maybe it's true, maybe not. I pray it's not. Should I post TG's email so we can let him know how we feel?

Last edited by tjcurrie: 11-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.