View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Scott Kosmachuk:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!! I basically copied and pasted this from a similar request I made from a different OHL thread that I already spammed haha
He's been great so far this season. Leading the team in points and goals scored. He's been developing very well this season. Plays in all situations, which includes top line duty. His defensive game is pretty good, and he has been playing more on the PK this year. I also love his grit, he's not afraid of contact and will throw a big hit if the situation is right. He also will step up for team mates and isn't afraid of dropping the mitts.

If his offence keeps developing the way it has he might have a shot as a 2nd line right winger, but more likely he tops out as a 3rd liner that can chip in some offence.

Like I said, his strengths come from his physical, aggressive style of play. He is a good skater and has a pretty good shot as well.

I would say his vision and play making aren't exactly strengths. They aren't awful but he certainly won't be a player that racks up assists making plays for others.

He's a solid overall prospect with no skills that really jump out at you. But at the same time, there isn't a whole lot of risk involved with him.