View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
mikeandI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
There is a deal in place to move Brampton to North Bay, is there enough room for 3 teams (Batallion, Lakers and Trappers) in the Memorial Gardens?
This has to be a concern for the upstart Lakers? They are a privately funded team that appeared to be having a few financial hiccups in the spring. I had the same question regarding Lakehead U when Junior was rumored to be coming back to downtown TBay. I would say the Lakers are not solid enough to with stand the return of the OHL. Anyone know?
I also was worried for UNB when Major Junior was or is still snooping around Freddy Beach, but I understand it is the University's rink so they are in a position of strength is that correct? Private University operations are way to risky unless you are Laval Football IMO.
Although
Maybe that is what is needed to revitalize some University teams like Alberta football? What in heavens name is going on there? Another new coaching search, no player recruitment...
The CIS for the most part is really glorified campus rec. We on these blogs treat it special but for the most part the University admin type dont give it the time of day, English as a second language is a bigger deal than the CIS, they are just a pain to most of them.
AB football is a great example. Tough to watch that unfold again!

mikeandI is offline   Reply With Quote