View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 12:40 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
No, the problem is that a #4 pick was used on Hickey.

Like every other Kings fan I hope he develops fully and becomes a great Dman. But DL could possibly have got him in the 2nd round, and if he was already gone... so what? we'd just have some other player with 5 years experience in the or-gan-EYE-za-tion - or already playing here.

happy place, happy place...
To be fair to DL, assuming he and his crew was bent on getting a D-man and not just taking the BPA (which they may have thought they were doing, I don't know), then the Hickey pick wasn't to bad at the time. Of course people will say that Alzner should have been picked, and yes, Alzner right now is the better pick than Alzner, but I recall DL saying something about how they liked Alzner but just felt he wasn't anything special and currently, that's been accurate. He's a solid #4 d-man, but not worthy of the 4th overall pick either.

If you really want someone for a D-man from that draft LA should have grabbed, that'd be McDonagh, but he was just as off the board as Hickey was. DL took a chance and it didn't pan out, but at least he took the chance and I'd rather have a GM that lets his crew take a chance.

It pans out sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. We aren't as good in the 1st round, but in the second round we've really well taking chances, look at Simmonds, Voynov and Clifford.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote