View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
I don't think either of those guys are Ouellet's competition. They're meant to play offensive roles. Ouellet is meant to play a defensive role. I bet you anything he'll play with Harrington on a shutdown pair.

The guys he's competing with are Murphy, Dumba, and Reinhart, IMO. Murphy would mean the team has no real shutdown pair, Dumba could possibly fill that role, and it's hard to say with Reinhart because he's never shown up when I've watched him. I think Ouellet is the happy medium amongst all of these guys.

and, no, Benoit Pouliot is way too old for the tourney. He would completely dominate, though.
I was referring to Derrick Pouliot, who was taken 8th overall by Pittsburgh in the last draft.

My guess is Reinhart will get the shutdown role and Ouellet will be competing for the 2nd pair duties and his competition will be Koekoek, Finn, Pouliot and Harrington. I think it will be tough to get a spot on the team, I like Ouellet, but it's going to be tough and I don't think he's much better or much worse than the other guys listed.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote