View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Konk

vCash: 500
For those that question Jones' abilities, here are some recent WHL reports from fellow HF posters since those reports seem to be held in higher regard than actual scouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I saw him play live last night in Portlands 9-5 win over the giants and expected big things from the guy I expect to go #2 in the 13 draft.

He was better than advertised IMO.

The guy was literally a man among boys and controlled the ice every time he was on it. His poise and positioning and decision making are just incredible for a draft age guy.

I love Nathan but really can see Jones making a hard push for #1 overall as he could play top minutes in the NHL right now IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
He was a monster last night. Never got hit all night, so smooth starting the transition game, hit a cross-bar and a post, scored a nice goal and took home 3rd star. Was fantastic to see him do it all live.

His goal can be seen at the 1:25 mark here:

http://saskatoonblades.com/video/ind...18ccb19f4c4794
Keep in mind Renegade Stylings is a WHL announcer and has a very keen insight into these players and how well regarded they are in comparison to most HF posters whom are far more detached than he is. I believe he even called the Reinhart pick for the Isles last year, if I recall correctly.

Jones now has 13 points in 17 games, scoring at a better clip than some forwards, including Curtis Lazar who is also a potential top 10 pick (whom I also like). The kid has out of this world skill and ability and could end up going first overall when all is said and done.