View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 03:14 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeissFC View Post
2) You bring up a good point about having three guys on my roster who wee already given a good look this summer. I was impressed with Russo in the games of Notre Dame I've seen online. Looking forward to watching him (Schmaltz, Grimaldi, and Lucia too) live about a week before the roster comes out. May change my mind then.
I don't dislike Russo, I just don't think both Russo and Paliotta have done enough to get back into play. I think it's much more likely a defenseman such as Grzelcyk, as a better skater than those two, gets into consideration.

Schmaltz has barely progressed in two years. I don't have high hopes.

Quote:
3) I chose Samuelsson over Hartman because of skillset. Never have too many power forwards in your bottom six on Olympic ice and with the forward groups Russia, Canada, etc. are bringing.
Samuelsson won't be much good against those teams because he can't keep up on the Olympic Ice where skating is much more of a factor. Hartman is a better skater, an in your face, physical agitator despite not having the same size, and skilled in his own right. I just don't see how Samuelsson has done enough to impress the Team USA brass that was so wholly unimpressed with him to begin this process.

Quote:
4) You still like Kuraly after being invisible in his first nine games of the year? Yeah, he did have a good camp, but if you take that out of the equation he was a longshot to begin with.
I don't think he was considered a long shot on a roster that had a lot of open spots to begin with. And I don't think his camp will keep him on the team necessarily but that it will at least keep him on the preliminary roster at this point. If he doesn't get going in the next 3-4 weeks, that probably changes as well. It must also be noted that two guys I think are at this camp if they're back healthy and in form were left off pending their returns.