Thread: Sergei Fedorov
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansfield View Post
I agree it's the best, but it's still only 26 games.
People use smaller sample sizes to argue who "deserved" the Conn Smythe in any given playoff year, so... not something you can totally discount/discredit given the calibre of the competition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
This...How many current day snipers could turn around and play the point at the end of their career.
I think Jordan Staal or Kesler would have a good chance at proving themselves one of the best 6 defenseman a team could assemble, with a little practise. Among guys that appear near the top of the scoring tables, though? Maybe Spezza? I'd have to say that someone like Henrik Sedin would have the skills, vision, and hockey I.Q. to make it work, but I'd have more concerns about his ability to deal with the physical demands and the backwards skating, even more than someone like Spezza (who isn't known for his physicality by any stretch). Maybe Getzlaf, Toews? I think Datsyuk could emulate Lidstrom's style at this point, which doesn't require a lot of physicality to remain effective. I dunno, I'd try a few, but my expectations are pretty low for all of them. Some of these guys seem potentially really good skill-wise/on paper until you actually see them skate backwards a few times, lol. None of these names are quite Fedorov calibre though, are they.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 11-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.