View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 04:47 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Johansson might be the best player, or atleast become the best player, yes!
BUT, like I wrote if you get a lesser player on one position if might bump a few others still making you come out ahead!
Kulemin will bounce back and should put up numbers atleast similar to Johansson's and complements the first line a lot better with his physicality and netpresence more than Johansson.
Bozak isn't asked to produce more then he normally does ~40 pts, as a 3C, which is what Johansson scored as a top-6 player last season. Raymond should be counted for more points than Ward and Laich's production will surely rise again from playing 2LW with a great playmaker in Ribeiro instead of 3C.

Semin was already gone, and I think the organization are counting on Ribeiro to make up for what they lose from not re-signing Semin, not Johansson.
Oh yeah, I forgot you guys acquired Ribeiro. And you need to keep in mind Bozak is 26 and he's a 40 point player. Johansson is only 22 and he'll be going into his 3rd season and he already appears to be a guy who's a lock for at least 40 points a year minimum, no doubt in my mind he'll surpass 50 next season and the ones after that. As for Kulemin, he's been a 30 point guy 3/4 seasons and he hid 62 points (30 goals) once in his career. As a habs fan living in Ottawa I've seen Kulemin play often against MTL or OTT and he doesn't strike me as a 50-60 guy which is something Johansson appears to be turning into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
So why not just trade Bozak + Kulemin for Johansson + Ward or something and leave Vancouver out?
NO...Vancouver must suffer

ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote