View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Eddie Shack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Out of all the times drivers have agreed to a ride with another team during the current season, it never has become an awkward situation. There have been no problems with Kenseth and JGR cars this year. These guys are professionals and will strive to win a championship no matter their current situation.
I agree they will both strive to win the championship next year. But just because it hasn't been a crisis yet doesn't mean it won't or can't be. And most of the time guys don't race a full season as a lame duck. Did you forget that when Tony still had a year left with JGR he agreed to the deal with Haas and Coach Gibbs just released him from his contract rather than to have Tony drive a full year as a lame duck?

A lot of things happen on the track over the course of a year. We all know Paul Menard won't win the championship next year. Would Harvick help Stewart try to win a race instead of trying to help Menard next year? I'm in no way saying he would, but what happens if some on track incident gives that appearance?

Quote:
Other sports are not based off of sponsorship like NASCAR is. These deals have to be made quickly to please the companies and get funding as soon as possible.
nascar's answer to everything. Blame the sponsors.

Quote:
I think the media is jumping the gun and nobody involved in this situation is going to confirm it until atleast a few weeks into the next season. Harvick, RC, and Smoke are all dodging the questions and will until it is the right time.
And why do you think that is?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote