Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 08:16 PM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Zlobin with 2 assists today, now on a 13 game point streak.

Murray stopped 39 of 42 in a 3-1 loss the other day. His team is so regularly outshot by a good margin that it's hard to get a grasp on how he is playing. He has 3.90 gaa and a save% of .898. The back-up has a 4.85 gaa and .873 save%, so I'm guessing SSM is just a really bad defensive team. Murray also has all of the team wins.

The best comparable goalie in the OHL facing a lot of shots and playing on a bad team is Dansk, CLB's second-round pick this year and playing for Erie. Dansk's numbers are almost exactly the same as Murray's. Don't know what to make of all of it. Murray will get the start tomorrow against London and I expect him to face about 50 shots, hopefully Maata is the only one to score on him.
I don't have that high of expectations for Murray, he could turn out to be a decent back-up, but I'm not expecting the world out of him. I've worked with him with my goalie coach a few times, and I have no idea why he was picked that high in the draft. Before the draft, I thought he would be a 5th round pick at the earliest. And it's nice to see Zlobin score a ton, he could easily slide in on Malkin's line whenever he is ready. The only issue with him is the Russian factor, we want him to be like Malkin, not Ovechkin.

Oh yeah, Maatta had a goal tonight

Last edited by penguins2946*: 11-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.