View Single Post
Old
12-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
Steen is second among all Swedish prospects according to who?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

"Steen is the safest prospect in Sweden. He has no major weaknesses and does everything well. Steen has the tools to follow his father's footsteps and become a legend in the NHL."

I'm willing to bet that, when HF's annual ranking of prospects comes out, Steen will not even be in the top 25.

I'll bet you your life saving right now

and you think Steen will never play in the NHL?
1. Go to http://www.hockeyligan.se/index.phtml#
2. Click on "Hockey Live" on the left.
3. Click on "Frolunda Indians - MIF Redhawks"
4. A pop-up will show up, scroll down to "Highlights".

It's the third goal, Steen plays for the team in red, he's #17.

Take a look at that and tell me this 19 year old KID, will never play in the NHL

Im done, no bother arguing with someone who calls both Steen and Colaiacovo "second tier prospects"

Wherever Hamrlik gets traded too (If at all), be it Toronto, Chicago, Tampa Bay, or wherever, your going to be dis-apponted with the return unless

Basically, there are very few players outside the NHL that are sure things. I simply don't see Steen in that category. As a matter of fact, I don't see ANY prospect in either the Leaf or Islander organizations in that category. And, yes, Stajan and Steen are not top tier guys. There is a reason Steen went so late in the draft.

And, btw, we were talking about Steen and Stajan not Colaiacovo. Although I do consider Colaiacovo a second tier guy as well. None of these guys is a sure think to make an impact at the NHL level and I think Steen and Colaiacovo are probably long shots at best.

Also, I never said Steen wouldn't play in the NHL. I said that there is a possibility he wouldn't make in the NHL. And, that is true of nearly all the players drafted on the first round last year.

You're right that I'll probably be disappointed in the return for Hamrlik, but that doens't change the reality that none of these prospects are nearly as highly ranked as you suggest.