View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 10:17 PM
DeceiverOfTheGods
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
So what does everyone think of my roster? I think they're a playoff contender, and with some experience could be a Cup Contender in a couple of years.
CONS:

Stastny as a 3rd line centre is a waste - a great asset, but you could trade him for a rock solid 3rd line guy + amazing other assets.

Your right side is homogenous at this point - I don't see any real difference between your 3rd and 1st line right wingers, as I feel they could each produce roughly similar numbers without anyone excelling.

I don't like Eller as a 4th liner. Will screw his development, as I think he could be an elite 3rd liner/solid 2nd liner.

PROS:

Great depth on defence; they may not be number one guys, but they're great depth and will develop well together. Hedman and Johnson could be the leagues best pair for many years.

Dynamic forward corps with a lot more grit than the Avs have seen in several years. The addition of Clowe will take pressure off Landeskog and give him a perfect mentor.

CONCLUSION:

Have misused assets at forward, but could easily turn them into sought after ones. Defence is a work in progress, but could be a masterpiece. Goaltending is spotty without a proven prospect in the works, which could limit their effectiveness. That said, enough available assets (with the right development) to address key holes, though no truly franchise players.

DeceiverOfTheGods is offline   Reply With Quote