Thread: Proposal: Van-Tor-Wsh
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 10:33 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
The main reason why I as a Canucks fan do not want McA is that besides his upcoming UFA status, if you compare him vs Higgins last year or Raymond in 10-11 their stats are basically the same. As been said many many times already we have enough middle six tweeners. He is not needed on Van. If that is condescending to you then you need to develop a thicker skin. He is redundant on our team.
I have a theory about Ryan Kesler and his effectiveness with certain wingers. I believe Kesler needs a right handed RW player who can pass the puck.
Kesler was most successful with Sundin and Samuelsson as his line mates at different times.

Kesler likes to use the right side of the ice a lot, and being a left handed shooting player myself, I find I pass better and easier to another left hand player. From what I've seen from Kes I've the past 10 years or so watching the Nucks I see he works better with at least one right handed player. Having Booth N Raymond on his line last year really didn't allow Kesler to do what makes him most effective. Booth always like to dump and chase whereas Raymond would carry the puck around and lose it.

Kesler needs someone to feed him forehand to forehand to utilize his shot more often, his shot is what makes Kesler most effective, since after getting 50 assists he decided he can pass the puck anymore

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote