Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2012, 11:36 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
I don't really want to start a new thread for this, and this thread is probably good enough ...

I think I posted some stuff about soon-to-be 22 year old giant defenseman Andrej Sustr (6'8" and 225 lbs). He's from the Czech Republic, played a year of NAHL, year of USHL, and he's a junior at Nebraska-Omaha in the WCHA.

Most people expected him to return to school for his junior yeerar rath than sign with a NHL team. However, next spring he could end up going pro and skipping his senior year.

He improved from 2 goals and 9 points as a freshman to 4 goals and 17 points as a sophomore. 9 games in this year he has 2 goals and 5 assists.

The reviews I've seen for him say he doesn't have a Chara-like mean streak. He's plays excellent defense because of smart decisions and a mammoth reach, and he's does have a big shot (does take a while to get it off though). He seems to be more of a Hal Gill mold of giant defenders than a Chara or Myers.

It's hard to imagine Dallas landing a top tier undrafted NCAA defender when you consider their prospect depth. I'm sure he'd look for a clearer path to the NHL rather than putting himself in the very crowded mix in Dallas.