View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 01:16 AM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
I have only watched the mooseheads 5 times this season , but they have been absolutely awful defensively every game but they are so good offensively that it doesn't matter. Fucale does make quite a few tremendous saves every game, and you gotta consider that most games he doesn't face many shots, which doesn't allow him to get into a rythm, and if he lets in just a few goals his SV% will be bad. Overall i would say he has been ok and won't go nearly as high in the draft as some thought before the season.
Agree with most of this. Except I wouldn't call our defenseman corps awful... I know you didn't directly say that, I'm just saying we hold opponents to less than 25 shots a game frequently... There's been a lot of PP goals, and plays where he's had no chance on...

As many have said earlier he is great when we need him, but getting a quality shutdown defenseman would help. There's a tendency to be too scrambly in our own zone and sometimes a man will be left open in the slot.

The getting into a rhythm thing is bang on though. He had almost no D in front of him last season so he'd be peppered and tested early... This season a lot (sportsnet game against Gatineau is a good example) the offense will have control for so long, he won't get tested until 10 minutes in.

I don't know if his bad % will affect his draft status too much, as scouts don't always look for that. He's still a big game, cool as a cucumber guy.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote