View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not sure Neely, it does happen as we all have seen. Not sure anyone could have predicted he would have produced like he did though
Me either, just blows you away a little when you think a/b it. I do remember someone telling me that he had to really bare down in order to improve his skating just to hang at RPI. But apparently once that was no longer an obstacle to his game, look out, dish city. I don't think the Wings knew what they had, either. Martin St.Louis is another guy that blows me away in terms of going un-drafted. A tad more obvious why scouts apparently didn't give him a hard enough look. If the guy put on Chara's hockey pants, he'd disappear. But what immense talent. MSL has a PhD in being sneaky. You'd think a guy that small would be easy to check, but he isn't. He can be Gretzky sneaky. I suppose one thing he and Oates had in common is their immense hockey IQ. Which so permitted them to overcome their respective "flaws", which facilitated them being overlooked in the first place.

Anyway, we'll never know what could have been w/ a healthy Neely, and in his prime. Maybe Oates never asks out of Boston. Further, perhaps we'd of never had to suffer seeing #77 in another uniform. Still painful to think about, actually. But, not as painful as it used to be. The hof is well deserved, IMO.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote