View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
I'm not pretending they're equal. I 'm saying I have no idea what goes on inside players heads, so why I should I pretend that I do? Why do you?

There's anecdotal evidence, sure, but there's enough variables (quality of teams, health, league rules, competition, etc) that clouds any conclusion that I don't feel comfortable with them. When we get virtual reality time machine things where I can scenarios that insert Naslund-in-his-prime into 94 Trevor's situation and vice versa, call me.
While this is true to some degree, I think the difference between Linden and Naslund under pressure has become pretty clear after so many years. Even if we aren't talking about results under pressure, just view who plays a better game in those moments and it's so very obvious and has happened so many times that I don't think you could write it off as being due to these factors.

It doesn't even have to be about what goes on in players heads specifically-- just how effective their game is on the ice at certain points.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote