View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
When Cloutier let the Lidstrom goal in we were leading the series 2-0. 44 and 19 did nothing from that point on. While that one moment is very easy to remember, it's tough to remember the nothing that our two superstars did.

Bertuzzi never scored a playoff GWG, Naslund had 1 that he scored in the second period to make it 4-1. When you think about all of the OT we played, it's tough to figure out. While no team would have ever won with Cloutier in net, the same can be said if 44 & 19 are your leaders. I'm sticking with equally as useless even if it's a reach.
I think it's easy to remember that they were worthless alot of the time, I'm not apologetic about them, but superstars struggling to score in the playoffs is pretty common, and on top of that, they had some moments. It was never quite the consistently fold-like-a-cheap-tent prevent-your-team-from-having a shot play that Cloutier provided pretty damn often.

Naslund and Bertuzzi often provided NOTHING when we needed it most, but Cloutier was more than that-- he was often spectacularly bad. It's not the same thing, IMO. Put Naslund/Bertuzzi on an otherwise fantastic team playing as bad as they've played and that team still has a solid shot-- Put Cloutier on an otherwise fantastic team and I don't think they have any shot, personally.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote