View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
I feel the opposite. We're not good enough to be a playoff team regardless of how many game are played in the season. That being said, if we can get off to a hot start early in the season, the lower number of games could prevent us from falling back to earth fast enough knock us out of a playoff spot.

The reverse is also true. With a slow start, we may end up with a top 5 pick even though I do think we're not THAT bad. At the very least, the shortened season will create a lot of unpredictability and is therefore most beneficial to teams just outside the playoffs as they could potentially end up with something they don't entirely deserve (top 5 pick or playoff spot).
I feel that we have a team of hard-working guys that will win early on by playing every game as if it was a playoff game. That said, as the season progresses, the players won't be able to keep playing with this kind of intensity.

So yeah, a longer season would be bad for this team I think. I don't want to get into the "tank" talk when the season hasn't even started yet, but I don't think we'll make the playoffs in any scenario. A short season could mean we'll end up 9th or 10th in the East instead of 13-15 though.