View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Claude's PP strategy is fine when you have guys like Savard, Kessel, Wideman and Ryder together on it... that PP in 08-09 was MAGNIFICENT IIRC.... Chara had what a dozen goals on the PP that year?

When you replace guys like those with Krejci, Peverley, Corvo and Pouliot you are losing that battle big time..

I love Peverley, but he should never, ever lead your team in PP time per game.
Claude's PP strategy is fine, period. We have a lack of explosive talent on the front end which is hampering our ability to penetrate opposing penalty kills and make plays when the other team knows we're coming. Seguin isn't going to solve that on his own. We also have a severe lack of dependable playmaking on the back end.

The problems with our power play are centered on the roster, not Claude's tactics, and they're only 'problems' in the sense that this team isn't built to score on the power play at an elite level. That's not what either Chiarelli or Claude are focused on as job one, which is fine by me since I don't want a team that's dependent on the largesse of the refs in order to do its best work. The best teams do their work in the puck possession game and in the neutral zone, not on the power play.

All I demand of this team is that the power play not be the kind of festering sore it was during 2010-2011. And that, at least, they've managed to accomplish.

Last edited by Dojji*: 11-11-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote