View Single Post
11-11-2012, 08:06 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
No fake handles, just a passionate hockey fan who enjoys following prospects. Rielly is a special kind of talent. I have no problem as a habs fan praising a player who I believe will be a star.

Judging prospects is a difficult task and nothing is a sure thing, we need to use probabilities when judging their future. IMO it is highly probable that he becomes a great dman in the NHL. His skillset is hard to match. Those posting negative comments do so without offering explanations, everything we have seen from this kid so far points to him having an excellent career, he may not, but the risk is minimal imo.

Yeah I'm super excited to have Rielly. I agree that the risk is minimal, with elite skating and hockey sense, combined with adequate size it's hard to see Rielly fail.

I have similar feelings towards Galchenyuk as you do Rielly. Galchenyuk is the guy I wanted most for the Leafs, and I think he will be a Toews like player in the NHL.

Interesting that both our teams drafted players who missed virtually the entire season with the same injury. Both players have put that behind them now, Galchenyuk is really finding his groove again. I think the knee injuries were the greatest and only signigicant risk involved with both prospects.