View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 08:12 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
on a personal note... when contracts were recently being handed out to guys like boychuck and peverly and kelly... some of us here were wondering just how the hell it was going to work for us going forward.

as someone that was wondering that myself, i hate being right on this issue.

when the dust settles... sadly, we will find teams willing to take lucic and seguin off our hands even at 6 mill per year. we are not going to find anyone willing to take boychuck or kelly or peverly off our hands though.

It probably is best for us if the season gets locked out... that the owners turn to hardball and insist on some buyouts and a rollback for next year. Coming back without buyouts/rollback is going to lead to our team being decimated and eventually having guys like kelly/peverly playing second line cause we wont be able to afford more then 2-3 guys like Bergeron/Lucic/Seguin/Krecji/Horton/Marchand still being around
I`m not a huge JB fan but I doubt there aren`t more than a few teams that would make space for a Cup winning D-man who plays, most of the time, a very sound game defensively and Pevs? Contract a touch high, but a guy who`ll put in around 60pts and in a league where most teams have a huge dropoff from the 2nd to 3rd line, he`d be a huge depth addition as he was when Chia aquired him, neither, I would suspect, would be difficult for Chia to find suitors for IMO.