View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m not a huge JB fan but I doubt there aren`t more than a few teams that would make space for a Cup winning D-man who plays, most of the time, a very sound game defensively and Pevs? Contract a touch high, but a guy who`ll put in around 60pts and in a league where most teams have a huge dropoff from the 2nd to 3rd line, he`d be a huge depth addition as he was when Chia aquired him, neither, I would suspect, would be difficult for Chia to find suitors for IMO.
the way i see things play out... if there is no buyout/rollback is that there will be 10-15 teams needing to shed at least 1 and maybe 2 contracts in some cases to get under the cap next year. The 10-15 teams willing {AND ABLE} to take on salary will cherry pick who they want to add.

its going to be a buyers market. We might be able to offload a Boychuck as you say... im certainly not saying he sucks... but even if its possible to deal him then we probably pay a steep price to do it. I definitely will say that I cant imagine any situation where we get value for him.

But... in my belief... we actually wont get anything at all for him because the teams that are grabbing a player or two, will simply have better options at their choice. The problem is that if they refuse to take Boychuck from us then we will have to offer up a Bergeron or a Chara eventually...at some point...

or a Lucic... a Krecji...

someone... so i just dont see anyone doing us any 'favors' and filling up their own cap space with boychuck or peverly or kelly.

i think when the dust settles we will still have peverly and kelly and boychuck making 9 mill between them and we wont have a krecji/horton here making 9 mill between them. I would rather have krecji/horton if it was my call.

and i fear we will lose more then just krecji/horton. I said it when these deals were being signed... and now its coming to pass

just pray im wrong. This is one time I dont want to be right