2012-2013 CIS Regular Season Discussion
View Single Post
11-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakville, ON
With the OUA east-west cross-overs now complete, a somewhat clearer picture about the strenght within the league is starting to show:
1. The West had their way with the East this year, sporting a 25-10-1 record (a number of games went past 60 minutes, with the record for the East at 11-19-6). Two points separate 1st through 4th in the West, and 7 points separate 1st through 8th.
2. There does not appear to be a dominant team in the East, meaning there could be a tight and interesting race between UQTR, McGill, Ottawa, and Carleton. Toronto's early season run of no losses in regulation is looking more and more like they just had a good stretch of games. Still, they may end up in the mix for top spot as well.
3. Windsor sits atop the West at 8-2-0, altough they've had a fairly light schedule so far. But, they were strong down the stretch last year have continued to play well
4. After a slow start, Western seems to be finding themselves now having won 5 straight wins, including strong wins over both Ottawa and McGill.
5. Guelph was the team last year that I could never get a handle on. They looked good on paper but could not put wins together (that team this year seems to be Waterloo). Guelph looks good so far this year.
6. One of the most pleasant surprises so far is Laurier, who after a dismal year last year, are sitting at 4-5-1, including wins over Carleton and Windsor.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by northvanman