View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 10:51 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
1st goal: Give away at the top of the dot for a 1 timer--no chance.
2nd goal: Unlucky bounce off a defenders skate--difficult shot to stop.
3rd goal: He should have had that one. Lazy glove.
4th goal: 3+ traffic, not an easy save but not as bad as 1 and 2. Not a bad goal to give up, especially on the PP. Momentum killer maybe, but it was a tough save.
5th goal: Beautiful pass, played it correctly, Groulx let him down.

Honestly, I don't think this was Sateri's fault--or at least the 5 goals aren't an indicator of his play. He didn't play great, but those were some really tough saves he needed to make and I don't think Stalock could have made any of those (side from goal 3--that was such a bad goal haha).

Stalock played great on Friday, was really stoked by his performance, though I wish there wasn't a game tomorrow, because I'd rather have seen him face the more high powered offense then Sateri.
I don't think 210 was saying yesterdays loss was Sateri's fault as the entire team just sucked, but Sateri seems to have lost most of his confidence and is letting in shots that he normally wouldn't.

I thought he was great last Saturday in the OT loss and was hoping that would be the start of his strong play returning but it seems that game was the one-off.

He's a much, much better goaltender then what he's shown so far this season, maybe spending some one on one time with Schwab and getting back to basics will help. It would also help if the team in front of him played better as they haven't been very good in any of his starts so far (just my opinion).