View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
Drouin and Wilson won't be fighting for the same spot though. Wilson will be fighting for a energy/checking line job while Drouin will be fighting with guys like Rattie, Huberdeau and MacKinnon for a spot as a scoring line winger.
That's only if you buy in to the concept of Top 6 Bottom 6 philosophy which again I do not. Not for a national team. I believe top 13 forward players with some players having to adopt to a slightly different role, i.e. Boone Jenner is 4th. line center on a checking line. The other 3 lines are offense loaded, puck possession take it too em hard type of lines. Frankly I'm sick and tired of the Brian Burke NHL philosophy of dumb it down keep it simple stupid chip it in and chip it out approach. I don't see why a Drouin-Mackinnon-Huberdeau 2nd. line wouldn't work more effectively on big Euro ice than a 2nd line of I don't know, pick your line, LW (don't know who) Schieffle, Rattie. Quite frankly, I've never been sold on Shieffle as a 1st or 2nd line center anyway ...

And my point was Wilson will be given a more predominate role over Mackinnon whereas Drouin will be cut, if he evens gets an invite to camp (at least that's how HC has done it in the past.)