View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:29 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
With the new CBA who knows what the rules will be.

And Kadri could maybe outplay Bozak on the wing, but at center? Based on what are you saying that? Sound a heck of a lot more like wishful thinking. Bozak is a center, Kadri who knows?

Back to the new CBA if they implement the non escapable cap hits we likely won't be seeing any veterans moved to make room for kids. Reduced cap on no Finger holes to hide a contract in.
I think Kadri has a lot more skill then Bozak. TB plays better as a 2way center and has established chemistry with Kessel, but given patience and time with Kessel and Lupul, I don't see how Kadri's skill wouldn't be more beneficial offensively. Bozak is very limited, IMO.

Quote:
I think they tried Phaneuf and Gunnarsson as the shut down, and without the forwards doing their part it doesn't work.

I doubt you'll see Carlyle accepting the defensive efforts Wilson did from the first line. I think Steckel played a bigger role once Carlyle arrived.

Skating is still going to be a huge part of their game but it is going to be in both directions.
I don't see how anyone can consider Phaneuf any less then our clear #1D. He is by far our best defensive player. Gunnarson gets his dues, but as a great 2nd pairing minute eater. He can fill in quite adequately as a #2, and is praised by the media for exactly what he is; a great DEPTH player. But there is no question as to who our 1D is.

Quote:
Anyone can be traded, even Kessel, depending on the return.

If Kadri ++ could land a 1st. line center around 25 years of age I wouldn't lose a minute of peace.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I see Kadri as a good 2nd liner in the future. Easily replaceable.