View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dont think its the fact that they dont want younger guys on the team, they just want the more experienced, physically mature players. If the guy isnt an absolute extreme case (Mackinnon will make it) they'll often go with a more experienced guy. And yeah you keep going on about Drouin not making it but Wilson will, well they arent competing for the same spot. I know you dont like the idea of an energy guy like that but it has worked exceptionally well for Canada in the past to shake up momentum and scare some teams.

I dont know if Wilson is that guy but theyve always brought someone like that.
You have to get over that belief that it scares other teams. It doesn't. It may create a bit of a tactical advantage on small NHL size rinks, but in Europe the effect is neutralized. And how did all that experience and physical mature players prevent the implosion in Buffalo? How did it help in the semi-final last year when obviously the more experienced players were not prepared to begin that game. It's a myth a myth that this is a tournament for 19 year old players. A myth that HC has been preaching for years..it's a skill tournament..the team that has the skill will have the advantage..

And that will be my last post on how HC selects teams for the WJC. I'm sure everybody here is tired of me writing the same rant against HC for the past few months. Lets see what they do in the event a lockout is still raging.