View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
*Lindros: Lindros is going to have a really hard time getting in. It's really easy to find people in the game who don't think he should be in. The final four years of his career were a farce, even though he wasn't at an age in which he should be playing at a high level. If he would have retired after 2000, he'd have likely been a first or second ballot guy. And he was pretty good in 2001-02. But the last four years, combined with the off-ice drama, and the fact that he never learned from his mistakes, makes him one of the most polarizing players in league history, and his case much easier to argue against than many think.
I'm not saying Lindros will get in next year, however I think one day he will for these reason. If Pavel Bure can make it after only playing a grand total of 702 games, when it comes to games played Lindros should get in because he played a grand total of 760 games. Now Bure has more career goals with 437, however Lindros had more career points with 865. As for NHL awards Bure has a Calder, and two Rocket Richard Trophys. Lindros has won a Hart and Lester B. Pearson Award. (Now known as the Ted Lindsay Award) So in my opinion both are both equal in their NHL careers and I think Bure set the mark for players like him him to one day be inducted.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote