View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
It's fairly obvious that Ullberg has absolutely no self confidence at the moment. Right now it seems unlikely that he'll even get a decent chance of regaining it with SaiPa before the WJC, so him not making the team at all wouldn't surprise me one bit. Korpisalo is probably a lock in this situation, but I'm not feeling very confident about having him be our starter. Sure, he played well this week, but he hasn't played all that much otherwise this season. So I hope they'll still take a look at other options. Either way, it still looks like goaltending will be our biggest problem in the WJC.

Quote:
But i've noticed that finland lacks high-end power foward type of players into top lines. Salomäki is good but isn't that high end of prospect.
This is problem #2. IIRC, Barkov played with Lehkonen and Haapala for two games in this tournament and it worked just fine, but I can't imagine it working out in the WJC. Barkov's fantastic, as everyone and their brother knows, but we can't give him two small wingers and expect them to produce like a decent 1st line when we're up against big, physical teams.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote