View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
But i've noticed that finland lacks high-end power foward type of players into top lines.
Which is exactly why I cut Ikonen and added Nykopp. I'd say everyone else in that top-9, if healthy, is pretty much a lock to make it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Korpisalo is probably a lock in this situation, but I'm not feeling very confident about having him be our starter. Sure, he played well this week, but he hasn't played all that much otherwise this season.
Moot point. NONE of them have played all that much. Korpisalo, Juvonen both sit at 10 games played in Mestis. Perhonen has slightly more, 15. Ullberg, no need to start about him. Has played in three with SaiPa. Then there's of course Laurikainen (18), but something tells me they're just going to pass on him.

Besides, given his showing here, I expect Korpisalo to get more starts before the games begin. He should sit around ~20 games played by then, which means he'll be by no means cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
This is problem #2. IIRC, Barkov played with Lehkonen and Haapala for two games in this tournament and it worked just fine, but I can't imagine it working out in the WJC. Barkov's fantastic, as everyone and their brother knows, but we can't give him two small wingers and expect them to produce like a decent 1st line when we're up against big, physical teams.
It is what it is. I've been worried about physicality before, but there's only so little talent I expect Rindell be willing to cut in favor of some grit. Currently, we're looking at perhaps two lines out three in top-9 with the necessary physicality. The third unit will just have to make do, maybe get some help from D. They're not small.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote