Thread: Proposal: Cal-Van-Edm
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Well he's very clearly a better scorer at this point. More goals and more assists in fewer games... It's like arguing with a Colorado fan...
Experience and leadership seem to count for nothing on these boards. I'm not trying to say that the kids aren't going to be great...but Eberle has yet to score 50 goals as the leagues fiercest powerforward and captain of a successful Flames team...twice.

I know Hall, and Eberle, and RNH, and Yakupov are all shiny and new, and yes, their potential is through the roof, but experience and proven play seem to count for nothing on these boards. In one season, a young player out scores another and all the sudden the older player is, hands down, less useful.

And sorry The Nuge, I've used you as an example when it is not just yourself thinking this way. It's the whole board it seems. You just had an example of this thinking, and I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of value or any other reason, but you did discount one of the better players of this generation.

As for the Colorado comment, I've actually not had a heated debate concerning trade value with...well any one sporting the Avalanche as their team.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote