View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
That

vCash: 500
3-2 win for Sarnia. A strong game from Galchenyuk. He picked up a goal and an assist.

Galchenyuk started off the first period fairly quiet, he was moving his feet but couldn't get anything going. The first real chance that he created came off of a nice little behind the back pass to Boucher. His first goal came from burying the nice set up from Dundas. The goalie had absolutely no chance as Galchenyuk's shot was rocket. The next shift he almost scored again after positioning himself in the slot. He also had a sneaky pass to Boucher after winning a board battle behind the net. Very creative. Galchenyuk came out flying in the second. He got robbed from in tight on the PP. He also showed off some good hands on the PP by opening up space. His next shift he battled hard along the boards, but eventually the puck came out. He looked really good that shift. Where he really impressed me in the second, was on the PK. He looked really good. He blocked passing lanes effectively and broke up two plays that lead to counter attacks. When the PK ended he had a beautiful cross ice feed to DeAngelo. Galchenyuk had an inexcusable turnover. Just absolutely terrible. He got way too fancy trying to hold the puck in on the blue line and the Wolves picked it up to create a 2 on 0. Nothing came out of it though. He came back with vengeance on his next shift though. He had a nice pass to Murphy in the neutral zone and then had a creative spin and shot play. It just missed the net high. At the end of the shift he intercepted the puck in the offensive zone and set up Boucher, however Boucher couldn't get his shot of quick enough. He got a slashing penalty at the end of the second. In the third Galchenyuk had a nice little tip alone in front of the net, but it didn't go in. Very crafty. He also had a filthy pass to Duininck on the PP. His assist came from a nice play where he moved up from beside the net and used his good hands to create some space, he lost control of the puck but it slipped to Boucher who buried it. He had a glorious chance on a breakaway, but couldn't bury as his stick was slashed. On the next shift, he missed an open net on a 2 on 1 with Boucher. Galchenyuk was very good at the end of the game when Sarault took a penalty. He won a very important FO and broke up a pass.

Overall, that was very good game from Galchenyuk. He looked great in his own zone, but he had a terrible turnover. He had quite a few chances and created a ton himself. I would have to see a more consistent effort from shift to shift, but he still looked very good nearly every time he was on the ice. I was impressed with offensive work tonight, but he defence stole the show. Strong game.

-Connor Murphy and Alex Basso yet again had another solid game together. They looked very good defensively and had some great chances offensively.
-JP Anderson was a brick wall tonight. He stopped 32 of 34 shots. He didn't see much action in the 3rd, but he was very solid when it mattered today.
-Joshua Chapman picked up his first career OHL goal. I though he was really solid tonight, strong showing.
-Reid Boucher had an awesome game tonight. He had a ton of opportunities but was only able to bury one. He had a ton of good plays, but he needs to shot the puck quicker. He should have had a few more goals.
-Bryan Moore was great tonight. He had a nice end to end rush and created chances every time he on the ice. Very impressed with him.
-Joshua Leivo picked up a goal, but was very quiet otherwise. He needs to use him teammates more often, he had a ton of good chances to pass, but instead took a shot that had no chance of going in.
-Michael Kantor had a great game. He was all over the ice created a ton of chances.
-I've been a big fan of Nicholas Baptiste for a long time now. He has a very good skill set and is a pretty smart player. He's still very raw and has a ton of potential. However, you can only count on potential for so long, I'd really like to see him take a step up. I expect him to come around the second of the season. He was actually pretty solid tonight, he had a nice defensive play to break up a pass on the PK. He also created a ton of offensive chances in the first.

Last edited by That: 11-11-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling errors galore