View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Experience and leadership seem to count for nothing on these boards. I'm not trying to say that the kids aren't going to be great...but Eberle has yet to score 50 goals as the leagues fiercest powerforward and captain of a successful Flames team...twice.

I know Hall, and Eberle, and RNH, and Yakupov are all shiny and new, and yes, their potential is through the roof, but experience and proven play seem to count for nothing on these boards. In one season, a young player out scores another and all the sudden the older player is, hands down, less useful.

And sorry The Nuge, I've used you as an example when it is not just yourself thinking this way. It's the whole board it seems. You just had an example of this thinking, and I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of value or any other reason, but you did discount one of the better players of this generation.

As for the Colorado comment, I've actually not had a heated debate concerning trade value with...well any one sporting the Avalanche as their team.
For the record, I wasn't saying Eberle is a better player than Iginla at this point. I was simply pointing out Eberle now appears to be the better scorer of the two to OP who said that Iginla is better in every way

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote