View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
northvanman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Wow. I never realized that the crossovers were that rare.
Since I made that post I did a bit more digging because I was feeling like it wasn't correct and I was right (thank goodness for Bob Adams' site). Western and McGill last met in the regular season in 2006 (a tie at it happens).

What was rare was crossovers between the old OUA Far West and Far East divisions - back when the OUA was organized into four divisions. Between 1992/93 and 2008.2009 the Far West teams (Lakehead/Laurier, Western, Windsor, Waterloo) did not play the Far East teams (McGill, UQTR, Concordia, Ottawa) during the regular season. The only exception was 2006/2007, when the OUA went from 26 to 28 regular season games and everybody played everyone at least once. They changed the scheduling again at the start of 2007 so the Far/Far crossovers didn't happen again.

When Nipissing joined the league in 2009, the OUA reorganized into two divisions, with each East division team playing 4 games against the West division each year. I'm not sure the criteria for the opponents - it feels a bit random. I'm pretty sure McGill was the last of the eastern teams Western had not played since they went to this format.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote